• If you are citizen of an European Union member nation, you may not use this service unless you are at least 16 years old.

  • Stop wasting time looking for files and revisions. Connect your Gmail, DriveDropbox, and Slack accounts and in less than 2 minutes, Dokkio will automatically organize all your file attachments. Learn more and claim your free account.


Serving the Treasury Solicitor with legal proceedings

Page history last edited by Anneli Sarkanen 8 years, 2 months ago Saved with comment

Most civil proceedings against Central Government (including contract, property, restitution and tort claims) are brought against the authorised government Department specified in the List published by the Minister for the Civil Service under section 17 of the Crown Proceedings Act 1947. This list names the Departments for whom the Treasury Solicitor acts and also those Departments for whom other departmental solicitors act. If the Department is not listed, or if it is not clear which Department should be named, proceedings may be brought against the Attorney General and served on the Treasury Solicitor. More details can be found here


The link on the TSol website to the list isn't always working but it can also be found in Annex 2 of  Practice Direction 66 on the Ministry of Justice website.


Return to How do I

Return to Cases

Comments (0)

You don't have permission to comment on this page.